Vicksburg High School is a secondary school in the Vicksburg Warren School District serving students in grades 9 - 12. VHS offers a varied academic and activity program including Honors and AP courses as well as special services.
The school is accredited with the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
· In a culturally diverse environment, each student is a valued individual with unique intellectual, physical, social, and emotional needs.
· Student learning is the chief priority for our school. Clear goals and high expectations for student achievement should guide the development of the curriculum and the design of instructional strategies and learning activities.
· Because students learn in different ways, they should be provided with a variety of instructional approaches to support that learning.
· Assessments of student learning should provide students with a variety of opportunities to demonstrate accountability in their achievement and authentic context to make positive contributions to their community.
· Teachers, staff, administrators, parents, students, and community members share in the responsibility for providing a nurturing, supportive, safe learning environment within our school.
· Growth requires change. The commitment to continuous improvement is imperative if our school is going to enable students to become confident, self-directed, lifelong learners.